Read to Ride at Rye Airfield Skatepark
The library is participating in Rye Airfield’s READ TO RIDE program. Readers have a chance to earn a FREE day pass to the park. All you need to do is read 5 books and do one of the following for each:
- Write a short essay
- Talk about the book with a librarian
- Draw a picture about the book
Participants will receive a Read to Ride sheet. When 5 books have been read, reviewed and stamped with a library stamp, they can redeem the completed sheet at the Airfield. Please call ahead (659-2626) to make sure a librarian is available to meet with you to discuss/review your books.
Looking for information about a favorite author or illustrator?
- Author Biographies and Interviews (by Kidsreads.com)
- Authors and Illustrators on the Web (Children’s Literature Web Guide)
- Authors and Illustrators Birthdays (compiled by the New York Public Library)
New Hampshire’s Children’s Authors-Check out these authors who have connections to the Granite State!
Literary Awards-National and State Award-Winning Books
Great Websites for Kids-Fun, educational, easy-to-navigate sites for kids of all ages.